Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where Ya Watchn' the Game

I mentioned a few posts back that Phillies Phever had taken hold of this Pittsburgh fan in a big big way. Again I don't pretend to be a huge baseball fan but I haven't missed a game in weeks. I don't know how anyone who calls Philadelphia home could ignore the NLCS, especially after the last game. If for some reason the Philadelphia sports world has passed you by now is your chance to catch up and possibly see a bit of sports history. Tonight the Phillies have a chance to clinch their spot in the world series with a win over the Dodgers. Everyone knows how much this town wants to celebrate a winner so what better place to watch the game than your favorite watering hole surrounded by baseball fans? I am just trying to figure out where to plant my butt for a baseball filled evening. I have an early morning tomorrow so I have to keep it close. Unfortunately that means no trip into the city. It comes down to Capone's or TJ's, although it sounds like there should be a good gathering at Victory. Wherever you decide to watch do it with a good beer and cheer like there is no tomorrow.

GO PHILLIES!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who cares about the loser Phillies?! Talk about frigging beer!

Brian P said...

So much anger in your words you must be a Dodgers fan. Its always about the beer but right now it's also about the Phillies.

Good Burp said...

I want to thank you for being a Phillies fan. There is nothing I hate worse than the Dodgers. Thank you for removing them from the playoffs. But I am still cheering for the Rays.

Brian P said...

Leave the dark side and walk into the light. The Phillies shine on. Only 3 more wins to go.

Anonymous said...

Brian P, no I'm not a Dodgers fan. I just think baseball is a stupid sport. Any sport where fat guys chew tobacco and while scratching their nuts is nothing I care to watch. Glad the season is over. The "World Champion" Phillies still suck. (By the way.. when did they beat South Korea, Cuba, Japan, or any other country to earn that title?!)