Friday, October 31, 2008

Westvleteren 12 Arrives




This afternoon I had a box arrive and now I am in possession of what some call the most coveted beer on the planet. It is listed on Beer Advocate and considered by many as the best beer in the world. I have to thank my friend Mike in Boston for this remarkable gift. Like many I have wanted to try Westvleteren 12 for years. Unfortunately I haven't made the trip to Belgium and I hate to go against the Monk's rule of resale; so buying it was out. Even if you could find it to buy the posted prices are a little scary. My dilemma now, as the bottle sits in front of me, is do I drink it soon or wait for a special occasion. This is one decision that will only have a positive outcome.
Check the link below for info on the abbey and their beer.

No comments: