Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oktober Past


The weekend is almost upon us again and I am just getting around to posting info about last weekend. Sorry for the slow response time. I am sure that most of you have already read comments from fellow bloggers and beer enthusiasts about the big Philly Oktoberfest that took place at the Armory. After seeing some of the photos and hearing the tales I wish I could of been in the city. Instead Kelleigh and I went to TJ's for the evening to enjoy their Oktoberfest celebration.

I always catch a good vibe from TJ's and this time was no different. Scott had a pint of Blind Pig in my hand before I could utter a word. It was a zen like meeting of the minds. That simple move had me thinking, "damn this guy is good". I am sure my dingy Pliny hat tipped him off to my love of all things Russian River. Maybe Scott is completely in tune with all his patrons. Either way the choice was perfect. The Pig started the night off right. I swore that this year I would find one place and make it my home for the evening. That didn't happen. Even the good draft list at TJ's didn't keep me in my seat. After two hours instead of heading home I persuaded Kelleigh to go to Victory to catch the end of Fall Fest.

I don't have much to say about our limited experience at Fall Fest. We got there with about 30 minutes remaining. This was just enough time to grab a mug of Sunrise Weissbier and the largest pretzel I had ever seen. Five minutes later the rains came and it was time to go. Once the wife is tired and water logged there is no reason to stay. Even though our time was limited the Fall Fest seemed like a great gathering. Next year we will pray for no rain and make sure to start a little earlier.











No comments: