Tuesday, May 19, 2009

March of the Penguins











As I type this I'm listening to a little debate between Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow on WIP Sports Radio. Part of the conversation is whether Philly hockey fans should root for the Penguins or the Hurricanes in the NHL playoffs. In my experience many Flyers fans loose interest in hockey once their team is done. Philly's hatred of Sidney Crosby should tell you how the hockey fans who are still interested are voting. I've grown use to it. There really is no good reason for a Flyers fan to cheer for the Penguins. Likewise I don't find many reasons to pump my fist for the orange and black. Mutual dislike, in this case, is expected. I know I am on my own little island here in Philadelphia celebrating the attributes of #87 and following the Pens quest for the cup. All those around me might hate Sid for his whining ways but those in the know realize that he more than makes up for it with his dominance on the ice. Now it's time to relax, grab a beer and watch the Penguins march through the Carolina Hurricanes. Pittsburgh in 6.

Playoff Schedule

Monday, May 18 at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS
Thursday, May 21 at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS
Saturday, May 23 at Carolina, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS
Tuesday, May 26 at Carolina, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS
* Friday, May 29 at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS
* Sunday, May 31 at Carolina, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS
* Tuesday, June 2 at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m., VERSUS

*If needed

LETS GO PENS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hockey season is over fool, why not waste your words on baseball... or here's a thought... maybe BEER?!

Brian P said...

Mr. Anonymous you must live a sad and angry life. I am sorry if your hockey season is over but for many the ice hasn't melted.

Never fear there is plenty of beer stuff on the way. For now find a bar have a pint and relax. Cheers!