Friday, September 19, 2008

Cross State Smack Down


The battle of PA is almost upon us. The Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday, 4:15 at the Linc. I am from Pittsburgh and for the most part, out there, the Eagles are barely on the radar. Fan focus is on Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore. Obviously Eagles fans care more about Dallas, New York and Washington. This weekend those conference rivals are put aside for the Turnpike rivalry. It's all PA but there is no love loss between the two cities. This game gives me the chance to dawn the black and gold, waive my Terrible Towel and walk into the belly of the green and silver beast. I expect to get my share of taunts, jeers and middle finger salutes. No problem I am used to it. The Fox and Hound at 15th and Spruce is always a black and gold hot spot so I should find comfort among my own. Besides providing a base for Steelers fans F & H has a decent beer list for a chain sports bar. There are enough choices to keep you away from the BudMillerCoors monster. No mater where your loyalties lie wear your colors, have a few beers and enjoy the game. If nothing else, this will determine who has bragging rights in the state. GO STEELERS!!!



For any Steelers fans out there who want to start the party early head over to the Field House in Reading Terminal for a Steelers rally on Saturday. Steeladelphia starts at noon with special guest Levon Kirkland, giveaways, food and drink specials, of course Iron City beer (yikes) and admission is free. I am not sure what other beers are on but hopefully we can do better than Iron City. Sorry my Pittsburgh brethren bad beer is bad beer.

2 comments:

Dan Bengel said...

How did that work for you this Sunday? :>)

Brian P said...

Yes my team did get smacked down. Congrads to the Eagles. The Pittsburgh defense looked good but the O-line had way too many holes. Sunday was tough I had to watch a few Super Bowl wins just to feel better. Win or loose Steelers rule. Go black and gold.