Friday, March 26, 2010

The Oakquinox @ Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens


Being here in Philly, knowing we are blessed with a remarkable beer scene it's not too often that I get jealous of other cities. Even if something great isn't happening here there is easy access to the northeast.  New York, Baltimore and DC are all close enough for a weekend roadtrip.  Even a jump up to Boston isn't out of the question.That puts a lot of great beer in easy reach.  However when I look at what Stone Brewing is doing next month I'm irritated that I can't just drop everything and head to So Cal.

Check out Stone's Oakquinox: a celebration of barrel aged and wood-infused beers. The draft lineup has me frothing at the mouth. Then to make it even better the bottle list knocks it out of the park. This is the type of  wood head's fantasy day I'd love to see more of here. I know Standard Tap just had Big Wood Weekend during Philly Beer Weekend and a short while back Capone's unleashed some serious barrel aged drafts but the Stone event is at another level. 

For now unless someone is willing to send me to Escondido, CA on April 18th (come on Lee hook a brother up) I'll have to be satisfied lounging on the deck, sipping on something bourbon aged and dreaming of the grand Oakquinox. Cheers!

Buffalo Trace's Warehouse C

No comments: