Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meeting PhillyBeerGirl


With all the negative energy flowing through the Philly beer universe there is no better time than now for some happy faces splashed across the screen. Last week at Memphis Taproom during Lost Abbey/Port Brewing Night I had the chance to chat with the woman in the above picture. Besides having the ability to brighten up a photo op and make me look good, she knows beer. Helene is a freelance writer and if you're unfamiliar with her views on all things hoppy and malty jump over to PhillyBeerGirl. I stumbled across the blog last year and have since made it a point to regularly check out her reviews. The fact that she has a weakness for big IPAs (her recent top 10) is more reason for me to pay attention to what she is tasting. It's fantastic having another local voice championing the cause of great beer. Helene the next time our paths cross the first one is on me. Cheers!

2 comments:

Helene said...

Hey Brian - thanks for the shout out! I just came across this post, and appreciate the kind words. I seem to be using this word a lot today, but it's ironic that I read this after posting that I'd taken a small break from drinking after realizing just how much/often I was drinking - it's a danger of what I write about, I guess. Having said that, I will never stop championing great beer and the amazing beer scene that is Philadelphia. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brian P said...

Hey I understand where you are coming from. I've started this healthier lifestyle program so I am cutting back on both food and beer. It's always good to keep yourself in check. I know I'll miss a few upcoming events but the benefit of being in Philly is there are always more great beer gatherings down the road.