Thursday, August 27, 2009

To Great Friends & Great Beer, Sláinte!


As I checked the pictures on my SD cards I realized that over the past few weeks I've had some good times with some great friends. Nothing too crazy: a few beers, dinner, conversation and singing a Doors tune or two (more on that later). It's all standard practice for a weekend night in the burbs. What also seems to be standard practice is to take a few photos then never have them see the light of day. Sorry guys for the major delay on getting these up. If I said that a million things stood between me and creating this post I'd only be glorifying a lame excuse.

The pictures were taken a few weeks ago on a hop heavy night at The Drafting Room in Spring House with Mike (hope all is well in the UK), Lauren (see ya soon in NYC) and the mysterious Kelleigh (luv ya dear).

The ladies kicked off the evening with a sweet offering of Fruli Strawberry. Think fizzy, sweet, jammy strawberry juice and a touch of beer essence. The mysterious Kelleigh loves the oh too sweet beers from Belgium. I started with the Drafting Room's 15th Anniv. Ale and Mike dove into a Troeg's Hopback Amber. From that point the evening steam rolled even more into a hop fanatics roll call: Arrogant Bastard, 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA, Thirsty Dog Hoppus Maximus and Green Flash West Coast IPA. A very nice recipe for a tongue thrashing. However, the true danger of those pours was only revealed when the opportunity to pick up a mic during Karaoke night presented itself. Now don't worry I'm not here to critique any one's late night singing ability. Maybe sometime in the future I'll reveal the video of my inner Morrison. Finally to put a cap on the evening and to honor Mike's Emerald Isle heritage it all came to a close with clanking pints of Beamish Irish Stout.

Hey guys we are looking forward to doing this again real soon.



Sláinte!

No comments: