Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quick Pours: Serious Ale?


Another torrid tale from my nightly suburban adventures. Last Thursday's tour de bar had me heading from Capone's to Craft Ale House for a visit with team G. Fry. I slid in an hour before closing and there was still a good size crowd around the bar. Wow who knew people drank on a weekday! After having one of my favorites, New Holland's Dragon's Milk (can't get enough of the barrel aging), I went straight for an unknown (to me); Serious Ale from Royersford Brewing Co. The handy beer list described it as a "unique-styled American ESB". The beer slides the line between an amber and a brown ale. Not overly bitter with nice hints of caramel and chocolate. I only had one but at 5% it's easy to envision settling into an evening with several more. I've already made sure to included this on my ever growing session list.

Some of the Royersford crew were in house promoting their creation, tossing out schwag and adding to the general mayhem of the night. I had the chance to chat it up with Levi Peiffer, Dave Shafer and Matt Shafer who filled me in on the company's short history and future plans. Serious Ale is Royersford's inaugural beer and it's contract brewed at Sly Fox by Brian O'Reilly who also helped with it's development. Better notes and a brain that actually retained information would of yielded a little more information in this post. Hey guys it looks like all your secrets are safe. This draft only brew is currently available at ten locations and it's well worth seeking out. For more information on Royersford Brewing Co. check out their website.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the write up of our Serious Ale -
Jason Griggs (the silent, less public member of the crue)