Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend VICTORY!!!

Last week was heavy on the event side. Samplings, brewery promos, firkin specials, Keep the Pint Nights and IPA Project Day gave everyone ample opportunity to find their favorite beer and indulge. I managed to get to Sly Fox for the IPA Project but it was a friendly football wager on the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game with the Baltimore Beer Guy that put an interesting twist to my weekend.

On the line were craft beers from Philly and Baltimore. The winner receives a bottle or two from the opponent. Since the Pittsburgh Steelers won I now look forward to receiving some of B-more's finest brews. Even though I was victorious I am not gloating especially with the mistakes Pittsburgh made and the overall way the game ended. I am sure it is no surprise that I believe the ball did break the goal line. The call was close and the final outcome could of easily gone the other way. I'll just take comfort in knowing that the NFL's number 1 defense kept the game from getting out of hand.

Next up for the Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3) the AFC's number 1 team, the Tennessee Titans (12-2). Sunday @1pm.

No comments: