Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Home Needs Beer

Last week I was feeling a bit out of touch as far as beer things go and figured that it couldn't get much worse. Well this past week I moved a bit further from the world of beer. Other than a quick stop at Capone's for a shopping break and one short evening at a friends place I've been really out of it. No beer events (How did I miss Boxing Day at Memphis?), no posts, a barren beer fridge and I haven't even checked my fellow beer blogger's sites. The holiday is only a small part of the reason for my lack of beer fun. The bigger reason is the purchase of a house. From a marathon closing day, trips to Lowes and Home Depot, tours of furniture stores, meeting with contractors, tearing up carpets and stripping wallpaper the house is taking most of my time. Now by no means am I seeking pity. I feel blessed having the ability to move into an incredible home I just wasn't prepared for the time it takes to work on the new suburban dwelling. I guess I've been watching too many home improvement shows where everything goes from disaster to perfection in a 1/2 hour. Now that I've had a chance to get my hands dirty in the unedited real world it's just a matter of organizing my time a bit better. There isn't a reason home construction, a little beer activity and the rest of life can't happily coexist in a normal week. BEER SHALL PREVAIL IN THE NEW YEAR along with a new family room to drink it in.

Every Philly beer blog has had this info up but today is finally the day for the Christmas Beer Fest at the University of Pennsylvania. The festival features some of the best Christmas beers and winter warmers. VIP session starts at 12:30 and regular session is 1-4pm.

Mugs for Mutts at Victory Brewing. Don't just drink because, drink for a cause. Victory is pouring oak barrel St. Victorious Doppelbock and oak barrel Hop Wallop. $2.00 from each purchase is going to the Chester County SPCA. Start drinking for a good reason at 5:00pm.

No comments: