Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day Brew

I've read a couple blogs about what people are planning on drinking with Thanksgiving dinner. Lew does a great beer to wine breakdown and Beer Babe has her picks. Since I wont have time to shop for beer while at my parents place I need to figure out what to fly out with. Everyone who will be at the table on Turkey Day already knows me as the relative who doesn't drink "normal Beer". I've heard, "Oh that's one of Brian's strange beers." too many times to count. Understand I grew up in a house where at any given time the beer in the basement was Black Label, Rolling Rock, Genesee Cream Ale or Schlitz. Certainly not the most intriguing of beer lineups. Recently my mother has pushed aside the Cream Ale for Corona and has even opened her eyes slightly to the world of good beer. I managed to get a Sam Adams into her hands and she and Kelleigh have both enjoyed Lindeman's Lambics. Knowing my mom enjoys good rum and bourbon the time may be right for a bourbon aged beer. A bit of Backwoods Bastard and Curieux after the holiday meal is the plan. If all goes well around the table this may lead my family to someday thinking that the Genesse and Rolling Rock are the "strange beers" in the fridge.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments: