Friday, November 7, 2008

Beer Battle

I was listening to Craft Beer Radio and Jeff and Greg brought up a recent episode of Iron Chef America where the secret ingredient was beer. I haven't seen the Iron Chef in years but the idea of creating some interesting dishes with my favorite ingredient was enough motivation to search out the video. The show aired back in October and the culinary battle pits Austrian chef Daniel Angerer against Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Garrett Oliver, Brewmaster for Brooklyn Brewery and food and beer guru is part of the judging panel.

The beers used in the show.
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Shiner Hefeweizen, Dupont Biere de Miel, Ridgeway Ivanhoe British Pale Ale and Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen.

Beer Battle Part 1


Beer Battle Part 2


Beer Battle Part 3


Beer Batlle Part 4

2 comments:

Good Burp said...

On many occasions, I thought about using beer as an ingredient. But I hate to waste beer. So end up drinking it instead.

Brian P said...

When you cook on the level of these guys your definitely not wasting it. When you cook like me then you could argue it's just better to enjoy it in a glass.