Monday, June 7, 2010

Philly Beer Week Takes Off


Philly Beer Week is off and running. I am trying not to go too crazy about getting to places and have somewhat come to grips with the fact that I can't go to every event I want.  I'm not a iphone person so I've been tracking the grand festivities through the site and the old school way on paper.  At this point everything has been circled, asterisked and highlighted to death.  So far the plan is to hit favorites, see old friends and check out the new guys, both bars and breweries. 

My week kicked off at Capone's with Old Dominion.  Thanks Scott and Dave for the beer selection you guys were great.  On Sunday it was off to Smoke 'Em if Yous Got 'Em.   Loved it last year and this year's gathering didn't disappoint. It was also my first visit to Yards since the arrival of the new bar and I understand why the place is so damn popular.  It's the best place on Del Ave to grab a pint. Yards just doesn't stop improving.  On the new side, the Philly debut of Deschutes at City Tap House. The beer and the bar were equally amazing.  60 taps is impressive. With The Abyss and Hop Henge on, it's draft paradise.  If you haven't had any of their beers just trust me, you want Deschutes to keep pouring in Philly.  My only regret so far is missing Lew and Scoats at the Grey Lodge for Upstate Brewery Haul. In past years I've missed it and I knew after Smoke 'Em and Deschutes there was no way I was getting to the Grey Lodge.  Ya gotta know when to say when.

I'll toss some pics up soon.  Until then keep enjoying the week.  Cheers!

No comments: