Friday, June 4, 2010

Mad Hatter Rages on the South Side


There are many reasons I have for getting back to Pittsburgh: family, friends, Primanti Bros, real pierogies, the view from Mount Washington, to hear the word yinz, growler hours at East End Brewing and to be surrounded by those who love the black & gold as much as I do.  All great.  However, after checking in over at The Grain Bill, Dr. Joel gave me another reason. 

One Saturday June 12 the dear Dr. is conducting a New Holland Mad Hatter Bar Crawl on the South Side. It's six different bars and six different versions of Mad Hatter (Imperial, Black, Oak Aged, Cask Conditioned, Rye and of course the original). Unfortunately a trip back home to The Burgh on that weekend isn't possible for me.  I'll have to cross my fingers and hope that the Dr. throws some of that multiple Mad Hatter love in Philly's direction.

2 comments:

Steve D. said...

Or just enjoy the hundreds of events during Philly Beer Week?

A southside crawl is always fun but you're in the midst of some of the best days for beer in the entire US!

Brian P said...

Pittsburgh is always in my heart so I love seeing good beer events happen there.

Don't worry I'll make the most out of Beer Week. Looking at the schedule I set I'm wondering if I can survive it.