Friday, December 18, 2009

Stone Cold Winner


I'm a winner! There is nothing like a little gloating. You have to expect that from someone whose biggest win is 5 bucks from a lottery scratch off. This recent victory came from this year's A Good Beer Blog Yuletide Photo Contest. The photo battle allows anyone with a camera and a love for beer the opportunity to put their best shots up for a chance at some great beer swag. In this 4th year of the contest a total of 45 participants entered 185 photos for judging. Out of the five photos I entered the above shot from a Stone event at Firewaters in Glen Mills came out on top. Of course mine was just one of several smaller winners chosen along with the grand prize winner.

A huge thanks goes to Lee Marren, Stone Brewing rep extraordinaire and the tattooed guy (sorry, I don't have your name) for making my little win possible. Without the big smile, wicked tat and scary-as-hell snarl, the photo would of been just another picture taken at a bar. I now take my place along side past Philly winners and far better photographers Dr. Joel and Bryan Kolesar (2008). I don't believe they entered this year's contest, which is probably a good thing for me. For the photo victory I net a year subscription to All About Beer Magazine. Yeah!!! Not bad for a hack photographer who typically points the lens at a glass of beer, shoots and calls it art.

No comments: