Thursday, November 12, 2009

How 'Bout Them 7 Stones @ Capone's


Lee Marren is a mad man! This guy may be the rockingest rep in the beer biz. Take no offense Dr. Joel (New Holland), Ms.Woods (Sly Fox) and Ms. Mulligan (Victory) we love you and all those who make a living with the worlds greatest beverage. It just seems like it wasn't that long ago that I shared in a jeroboam of Double Bastard during Stone Night at Craft Ale House. Yes, there is a soft spot in my beer swollen liver for Stone Brewing and more specific Arrogant Bastard. I've been hooked since my first sip eons ago.

For today's event at Capone's Matt and Lee have pulled together 7 Stone treats. The highlight (oh yeah) is a 2006 keg of Brandy Barrel Aged Double Bastard Ale. The taps open at 11:30am just in time for your liquid lunch. To chat with Lee shoot to Capone's after 6pm.

"Your not worthy". PAYG

Stone Drafts
Indian Pale Ale
Ruination IPA
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Russian Imperial Stout 2008
Double Bastard Ale 2009
Vertical Epic 09.09.09
Stone Double Bastard Ale aged In Brandy Barrels

Walking with Stone CEO Greg Koch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went at lunch...

IMO: The '08 Russian Imperial Stout and Double Bastard Ale aged In Brandy are simply awesome. I'm not so much a fan of the Double Bastard.. I think the regulare Arrogant Bastard is better.

Nuff said.

Brian P said...

The Brandy aged D Bastard was good although a little boozy upfront. It definately got better as it warmed. As I mentioned I'm a huge fan of both Arrogant and Double Bastard. After having Double Bastard last night on draft I still prefer the bottle.