Saturday, November 14, 2009

Attention Good Burp it's Dogfish for a Mad Monday @ Monk's


There are times when you know of an event that someone would kill to attend. When I first heard about Monk's Mad Monday featuring beers from Dogfish Head I immediately thought about a fellow beer blogger out in Arizona (hope that's right). I've been reading his blog, Good Burp for almost a year and it's always an interesting look at beer and life. Check it out when you can. It's not often that many posts go by before a mention of Sam Calagione or Dogfish beer. I'm sure that after reading about what is taking place this upcoming Monday (Nov 16) at Monk's he's going to want to pack his bags and head for the City of Brotherly Love. Mr. Good Burp if you need a place to stay just let me know. Cheers!

(From Monk's website)
Dogfish Head Monday
Monday, November 16, 2009
Cash bar

It's time for another Monk's Mad Monday! This time we're featuring the great beers from Dogfish Head. I haven't had time to thoroughly look through my basement, so I may find another gem or two. Arrive early - some of these are in very limited supply.
As always these crazy Mondays begin at 11:30AM. So come visit Jodi for an early lunch. Jodi is really looking forward to this event.

ON DRAFT:
Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA - CASK
Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head Chicory Stout
Dogfish Head Jiahu
Dogfish Head Midas Touch
Dogfish Head Palo Santo
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout - 2005 Vintage


IN BOTTLE:
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head Black & Blue
Dogfish Head Immort Ale
Dogfish Head Jiahu
Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine Ale
Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine Ale 2003 vintage (750ml)
Dogfish Head Pangea
Dogfish Head Raiso d'etre
Dogfish Head Raison d'EXTRA
Dogfish Head Theobroma
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout - various vintages

I almost hate to bring this to the attention of my friend at Good Burp but the Dogfish fun will continue next month at the Grey Lodge. Mr. Burp click here if you dare.

I'd feel bad about mentioning all these great events to a Dogfish fan on the Left Coast except that I know he has a hell of a great Kegerator (that he made) with a spiritually endless supply of 90 Minute IPA. It all balances out in the end.

2 comments:

Good Burp said...

It seems like you have all the luck. It's a rare thing around here (yes, Arizona) to find Dogfish Head on tap. O how I would love to sit in Monks one night and go down the line.

I dream of the World Wide Stout. From a tap has got to be sweet, dark, Heaven!

And the 90 Minute is still going.....I'm need to call Ripley's!

Thanks for the props! You are a good friend. Just let me know if there is something you are looking for out here on the Left Coast!

Good Burp said...

One last thing. I hate you for that link to Grey Lodge.....Sam and exclusive beer?

I hope you are going. Be sure to ask him if he ever wears the T-shirt I traded him. "Drink Beer and Carry On".