Monday, February 2, 2009

#6

Now that my heart is back in my chest and my breathing is back to normal I am loving the victory. I don't know how many times a person can watch the same ESPN highlights over and over before being considered insane but I am on my way to crazyville. The win gets a little bit sweeter with every replay. Last night's game was fantastic. The competition was good; the Steelers took an early lead and built on it just before the half with an improbable interception and 100 yard lumbering dash to the end zone by James Harrison. The Cardinals held it together, worked the middle of the field and although I like Larry Fitzgerald I dropped a few F-bombs when he trotted across the goal line for the go ahead TD. If I were going to script the ending of a big game this is the way I would of written it. Big Ben did what he had to do with under 3 minutes left in the game and Santonio Holmes made arguably the greatest catch in SB history. It all came to a close with the Steeler's D knocking the ball from Kurt Warner's hands and recovering it with seconds left to secure their 6th Super Bowl win. Whether you cheer for the black and gold or not you have to appreciate how they won.

Would I have loved to see a PA Super Bowl? YES, YES, YES and I will wish for it every year. Would I like to see the Eagles win a Super Bowl? Yes as long as it's not against the Steelers. For now I will enjoy the hometown victory and wait yet another year for the celebration here in Philly.

ATTENTION


02/03/09
All Pittsburgh transplants and those who love and tolerate them it's Pittsburgh Transplant Happy Hour at Memphis Taproom.
Celebrate the Steelers for one more night at tomorrow's Pittsburgh Ex-Pat (and now Super Bowl Champs!) Happy Hour. From 5-7pm we'll offer up Iron City Beer specials and ode-to-Primanti-Brothers-Sandwiches. This month we'll also feature Penn Brewery bottles for just $3!

2 comments:

Good Burp said...

I hate this post. I thought if I stayed away long enough, I wouldn't have to relive that damn game. I doubt I will ever get over the Cards loosing such an amazing game.

-Love the blog though!

Brian P said...

The game was great. Of course I loved the outcome but I don't hate the Cardinals so I do feel for the fans. I am also a huge Pitt Panthers fan so I've been a fan of Larry Fitzgerald forever. I just hated the touchdown he scored late in the game. I am sure after Pittsburgh won you had a few good beers to ease the pain.