Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Mysterious Beer Weekend Awaits

My favorite new bar I love but can't get to often enough, Memphis Taproom, is having fun this Labor Day weekend with a little beer mystery. Brendan and crew are holding a Mystery Beer Weekend on the 29th, 30th and 31st. Thirty three beers will be tapped in three days. Three beers each of eleven styles will pour. The goal is taste them all and identify via a ballot what you are drinking. The person with the most correct beers named wins an incredible beer prize basket. Some clues will be given and all ballots must be turned in by 4pm on the 31st. This event could truly determine if you are beer wise. The mystery starts at 5pm on Friday.

This mystery event sounds great but unfortunately I wont be able to make it. However I will have a report on what is happening at the other end of the state. Hmmmm...a trip to Pittsburgh? Look out Fat Heads here I come.

No comments: