Friday, August 22, 2008

Island Trippin'

What is better than spending a wonderful weekend on a beautiful, exotic island? Probably nothing, even if that island is only a few miles to the north. Kelleigh and I are preparing for a quick trip up 95, to the L.I.E and onward to the northern shores of Long Island. OK, so exotic is stretching it a bit but Long Island is a beautiful destination. A personal commitment is taking us to New York but as always this beer trekker is preparing to sample the local brews along the way. I already have the perfect travel guide for this adventure, Lew Bryson's New York Breweries. I have done my research, created a game plan and the break down is, three breweries, one meadery and three beer bars. It will be interesting to see if we can squeeze all that into an already active weekend.

More to follow.

No comments: