Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Easter Treat


After Easter dinner with Kelleigh's mom, grandparents, niece and nephew I sat down to enjoy a bottle of Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen-Weisse (Schneider version). I poured this into one of my favorite Weizen glasses and watched the murky orange brew form a huge pillowy white head. The aroma was of citrus, cloves and bananas. The hops make an appearance and add a nice spice to the nose. The taste was a blend of spicy grassy hops, wheat and maltiness. The banana that is in the nose is very subtle on the tongue. I was surprised that the carbonation wasn't more considering the size of the head when first poured. The finish was pleasantly hoppy. Overall this is a nice easy drinking beer and a good collaboration for Brooklyn and Schneider. Not a bad way to celebrate a holiday.


A quick heads up


The Drafting Room's Hop Fest is approaching. Although it isn't on their website I was at the Spring House location this weekend and noticed the info on the menu. Of course I forgot to take down the date (I think it is April 12th) and the beers. Sorry bad reporting on my part. If my memory is correct they are trying to bring in Pliny the Elder. More detail as it gets closer.

No comments: