Friday, April 27, 2012

Beer Board of the Week



Dogfish Head rules at Craft Ale House. The 75 min is outta here!

World Wide Stout vertical. Cab please!
It's almost silly to announce when good beer is flowing around the Philly area. When can't you find a bar that has a killer line-up? The deep western burbs beyond King of Prussia were rich in offerings this week with the kick off of Suburban Beer Week 19468. One of the better  events was Dogfish's impressive appearance at Craft Ale House. No Sam C in the house but there were 21 DFH beers on tap including a firkin of 75 Minute and 4 years of World Wide Stout: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. Obviously not a night for the session minded. 

A few courteous tweets also filled me in on Kite & Key and their Savage Sixtel Sunday (Rich on Beer has the details). A Randallized version of World Wide Stout infused with coffee and Vanilla beans along with a couple Russian River beers, Alesmith Speedway Stout and few others rounded out the draft list.  As much as I would of loved to cruise down to my old stomping grounds for an evening with Randall and the others, I stuck to the burbs. I'll have to wait to experience my first Savage Sixte at Kite & Key. For now Craft Ale House's DFH board is my winner of the week.

No comments: