Thursday, July 7, 2011

PYT ASAP with PBR & Lobster


The down fall of living in the land beyond the Blue Route is that quick trips to the city seem to come around less often. Thus it takes me forever to get to a new restuarant or bar in Philly.  Thats why when I managed to score a recent Friday off I picked up the mysterious Kelleigh and headed to Northern Liberties for lunch at PYT.

Located at The Piazza PYT has become the go to place for burgers.  A quick look at the menu and you realize everything isn't just mayo, ketchup, lettuce, pickle and tomato.  Yes, the basics are available but there is some serious food creativity happening here.

As much as I wanted to follow my adventerous side and take on the Krispy Kreme Sliders (a mini glazed KK donut for a bun, cheese and chocolate covered bacon perched on a ground beef pattie) I opted for the Truffle Lobster Burger.  The surf n turf treat came out with lobster piled high on a thick ground beef pattie, all covered with a truffle aioli and served with Old Bay fries. So as not to seem too pretentious I paired the highend burger with a humble Pabst Blue Ribbon.  Surprise, surprise the PBR and lobster got along quite well. The slight macro sweetness played off the sweetness in the lobster and worked as a good refresher. The PBR drank far better than I remembered and the burger was a juicy masterpiece. For those who don't flow with the Pabst old school vibe there were a few craft beer options, as well as other alcoholic goodies from the bar

PYT has everything you want in a cool hangout. A fantastic location on the Piazza, hip atmosphere, solid food choices and good selections from the bar. A couple years ago Kelleigh and I may have hung around to have a couple adult milkshakes or take in happy hour. Instead this old head followed lunch with a little shoppping on the Piazza and a drive back to the burbs on a full stomach. I'll make it a point not to wait too long before venturing back. The Krispy Kreme burger is still calling me. PYT definitely knows how to put togther a tasty, creative burger.

No comments: