Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm Just Waiting on Some Pliny.


This was the line about 15 minutes before the doors opened at Capone's for the Russian River/ Pliny the Younger event on April 2nd. I have to wonder what those who are driving by are thinking about a 9:30am bar line. Philly beer people continue to vigilantly chase this beer with exuberance once it starts reaching local bars. Is it worth the extra effort it takes to taste the often proclaimed, "best beer in the world"?  It's hard for any beer to live up to the uber hype. I can't call it the best, but no question it's a damn good pour. Obviously I thought it was worth the time and effort since I arrived an hour early for a beer I've had on several occasions.  

The excitement for Pliny shows no sign of fading.  Back in 2008 (?) the wonderful Kelleigh trekked her way from our apartment in Center City to Capone's, with no fear of a line, to purchase me a growler of both Pliny the Younger and Elder .  Now if you get one 6oz glass of PtY consider yourself lucky.  If there isn't a change in the way it's released or distributed don't expect the pours to get bigger or the lines to get shorter anytime soon.

No comments: