Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Favorite Beer Board of the Week (4/12)


Haven't done this in awhile but the beauty of what Teresa's Next Door is offering certainly deserves praise. Take a close look at what's going on here. First the day is a special one because of the debut of Firestone Walker in the Philly area. Abacus, Walker's Reserve and Double Jack are all welcome with open arms. Second, the area's love for Russian River continues with Pliny the Elder and Damnation. Next toss in Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Petrus Oak Aged Pale, Blaugies Saison D'Epautre and Allagash Odyssey. Finally, finish with two solid locals Sly Fox O'Reilly's Stout and Yard's IPA (hand pump). Damn impressive.  No disrespect to the beers I didn't mention they're all part of what makes this diverse board so good. I'll have to make sure my journeys take me to Wayne more often.

2 comments:

Rich Isaacs said...

I had some Abacus last night and it was pretty fantastic. Allagash Odyssey is pretty good too.

Brian P said...

Im a big fan of barrel aging, especially bourbon barrel, and Double IPAs are also a favorite. Having Abacus and Double Jack made my day.