Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The General Lafayette Inn is Closed. Welcome Copper Crow Brewing Company


After some recent speculations Chris Leonard has dropped the final word on the closing of the General Lafayette Inn and Brewery. The details include information on how brewing will continue and the start of Copper Crow Brewing Company. Chris's words on the subject are far better than mine.  Read about it here.

15 or so years ago when I moved to the area from Pittsburgh I lived in Mt Airy, then Chestnut Hill and the General soon became my go to spot.   I have a shelf full of Mug Club mugs to prove it. Those were the days of Dead Head nights and cigars at the bar. More recently my stops have been few and far between.  Blame work, distance, family whatever the reason I don't sit at the bar to enjoy a pint and conversation the same way I once did.  Even so, I'll miss it.  If the bar and restaurant ultimately run under new ownership and good beer is available I know I'll make it in again.  Good luck with everything Chris and Russ.  Here's to Copper Crow Brewing.

No comments: