Thursday, May 6, 2010

On the Road to NYC


Good-bye Philly hello NYC.  The last time my journey to the apple was for a Yankee's game in the new park.  This go around it's Citi Field, home of the now second place Mets.  Before anyone thinks I have a thing for the NY teams understand that my true baseball heart died years ago when the Pittsburgh Pirates decided to transform into a minor league team and give up any chance of winning.  Being here in Philly I've thought of cheering on the Phillies but my heart isn't in it.  It doesn't seem right to jump on now that they are king of the hill.  Therefore, I place myself in baseball limbo.  Any team, any time just give me an amazing baseball experience:  food, beer, an exciting game and good friends. At this point the uniforms on the field are secondary. As long as they can play ball I'm good. 

The plan is to hit the city early then make our way out to the game in the evening.  I'm sure a few interesting stops are in order for the day.  Can you say Rattle N Hum and The Ginger Man? Oh yes you can.

Rattle N Hum’s Beer List

05/04/10
1. Founder's ′Centennial IPA'
2. De Ranke ‘XX Bitter’
3. Bear Republic 'Racer 5’
4. Cigar City 'Jai Alai IPA’
5. Founder's 'Double Trouble IPA'
6. Sierra Nevada 'Pale Ale’
7. Dogfish Head ‘90 Minute IPA'
8. Weyerbacher 'Double Simcoe IPA’
9. Founders ‘Pale Ale’
10. Rodenbach 'Grand Cru’
11. Ballast Point 'Black Marlin Porter'
12. Ballast Point 'Bourbon Barrel Aged Black Marlin’
13. Speakeasy ‘Holiday Spice’
14. 21st Amendment ‘Golden Doom’
15. Founder's 'Cerise'
16. Climax 'ESB’
17. Weihenstephan ‘Heff Weiss′
18. Captain Lawrence 'Captain's Reserve DIPA'
19. Green Flash 'Hop Less'
20. Founder's 'Porter’
21. Founder's ‘Red Rye PA’
22. Captain Lawrence ‘Brown Bird’
23. Southampton ‘Double White’
24. Sixpoint ‘Otis’
25. Ommegang ‘Rare Vos'
26. Victory ‘Prima Pils’
27. Founder's ‘KBS’
28. Hofbrau ‘Maibock’

29. Goose Island ‘Pepe Nero’
30. Harpoon 'Cider’
31. O'Hara's 'Irish Dry Stout'
32. Dogfish Head ‘Paulo Santo Marron’
33. Founder's ‘Curmudgeon’
34. Pretty Things ‘Jack D'Or’
35. Oskar Blues ‘Ten Fiddy’
36. Climax 'Hoffman Helles'
37. Founder's 'Dirty Bastard’
38. Climax 'Nut Brown'
39. Mikkeller ‘Beer Geek Breakfastr’
40. Climax 'Cream Ale'
Cask:
1. Williams Brothers 'Midnight Sun Porter'
2. Williams Brothers 'Joker IPA'
3. Two Brothers 'Cane & Ebel'

2 comments:

Good Burp said...

The Pirates have a good, young team this year. Andrew McCutchen is going to be the man.
If you ever make it out here to the desert, I'll take you to a Diamondback's game. I have season tickets. Sure, we have the worst bullpen in baseball, but we have a pool, Air Conditioning, and good beer.

BTW: I finally have a box and bubble wrap. It will go out by Friday.

Brian P said...

It's sad that I don't pay much attention to the Pirates. They could be having a great year so far and I'd never know.

If I do make it to AZ I'm taking you up on that offer. Good beer and baseball makes for an excellent day.