Friday, September 11, 2009

Football, Pizza, Wings and Drinking Stoopid


Ahhhh, my favorite time of the year is finally here. It's football season. Last night was the kickoff of the 2009 NFL season featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tennessee Titans. What better way to celebrate the hard hitting night than with a big, bold, powerful hop blast? Lagunitas Hop Stoopid played perfectly with a pepperoni, mozzarella and basil pizza and buffalo wings. This dangerously addictive combination will no doubt play out many more times over the season. I've discussed the brewmance I have with Lagunitas and Hop Stoopid lands around the top of the list of my favorite beers from the Petaluma, CA brewer. A big malt background and citrusy hops (think grapefruit) with a smack of bitterness makes for a great pour. As for the game it ended the way I wanted it to with a Steelers victory. It wasn't pretty but I'll take a Pittsburgh win any way I can get it.

No comments: