Friday, December 28, 2007

Bear Spotted in the Burbs


Bear Republic is now in PA!!! I read about this last week on the Beer Yard site. As reported Stockertown Beverage Co, a Lehigh Valley wholesaler, is putting the beer on the taps and shelves of bars and restaurants all around Philadelphia. Bear Republic Brewing Co, located in Sonoma County California, is known for well balanced hoppy ales. Expect to see Red Rocket Ale, Hop Rod Rye, Big Bear Stout Ale, XP Pale Ale and Racer 5 IPA. The later I first had while on a weekend trip to Washington D.C.. I was in a Whole Foods market and came across a display of Racer 5. I puchased two bottles and after trying it was hooked. Before heading home I made sure to grab several bottles to enjoy back in Philly. Now you no longer need to take a road trip down I-95 to quench your thirst, it's just a quick local trek to put a pint of Bear Republic's best in your hand. On a journey out to the burbs I found Racer 5 on tap at Capone's in Norristown and Red Rocket Ale at TJ's Everyday in Paoli. In Philly look for XP Pale Ale soon at the Grey Lodge in the Northeast. Having Stone, Moylan's, Port Brewing/ Lost Abbey and now Bear Republic in Pennsylvania makes finding a unique ultra hoppy west coast beer easier than ever. Hopefully we can look forward to more California breweries sending their best to the east coast.

No comments: