Monday, March 21, 2011

Beer Groupon is On!


Recently I took my first dip in the giant sea that is Groupon. The additively popular online savings site is making spending a whole lot more fun by typically giving customers a savings of 50% or more on a variety of products and services.  My first purchase was a couple weeks ago for food and drink at Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  I haven't used it yet but will have no problem making the most of it.  My second purchase, done just today, is for Rust Belt Brewing Company in Youngstown Ohio.  Another no brainer considering my frequent trips to Pittsburgh.  Now I have the perfect excuse to check out a brewery I've never been to, sample several beers and take home some cool beer swag. Not a bad deal for $9.00.


I hope more of the local better beer establishments follow in the footsteps of Rust Belt and Sly Fox and run with some creative offers.  It's great advertising, creates a stir and gets new people in the door.  All things any restaurant/brew pub/brewery would love to have.

No comments: